We are happy to announce that our dental office is now open!!! We have missed everyone and we look forward to a “new “normal with you. You will have the same smiling faces greeting you, however, things may seem different in our daily operations. I will list below the changes that our office has made due to COVID -19 and we hope that you know that it is our desire to make you feel comfortable and safe in our dental office. Please also have patience with your dental team as we navigate these changes. The appointments may be longer and the phones may be busier but we know in the end you will appreciate our commitment to safety.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or have a fever and any of the following symptoms i.e. cough with difficulty in breathing, loss of taste and smell, etc., the day or week prior to appointment please call to cancel your appointment with us and contact your health professional.
- We ask that you DO NOT bring anyone else to your appointment unless you are escorting a minor or an elderly person that needs an attendant. You must take all personal things with you back to the treatment rooms. If you are accompanying someone you will be asked to stay in the treatment rooms as well and required to wear a mask and gloves.
- You will be sent a questionnaire by text the day of your appointment to answer health questions regarding how you feel. Please fill this out PRIOR to calling us from your car letting us know that you have arrived.
- Please wear a mask to our office from home for everyone’s protection.
- The reception area will be CLOSED and as you soon as you arrive please call us. We will text you to enter the building and one of our team will meet you at the door to check your temperature before you can enter. If you have a temperature above 100.4 then you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Appointments with other patients will be staggered where we can enforce the 6 foot social distancing and of course the patient will be in separate rooms during treatment.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering. You will be escorted directly to you treatment room which has been properly disinfected and items covered. There is also a HEPA filter machine that runs throughout the office. Also higher grade return vent filters have also been installed to filter the room air.
- All areas of the office will be wiped down that you might touch such as doorknobs, counter tops, etc.
- We ask each of you to use the Clorox wipes in the bathroom and use on anything that you touch while using the restroom.
- All our team members including the office manager will be in gloves and mask at all times.
- Once inside the treatment room you will be asked to rinse with hydrogen peroxide for 60 seconds.
- Each staff member will be wearing face shields, higher level masks, and gowns if you are having cleanings or restorative work by the doctor.
- Each staff member has to have a temperature check before every day and will be sent home if a temperature is detected higher than 100.4.
A few more important items are listed below:
We will be asking for payment before treatment begins in many cases to alleviate congestion at the front desk. Only one person at a time is allowed at the payment desk and we have writing pens at the payment area that you will be asked to take home.
Rest assured that we will continue to use the highest infection control that we have always provided as well as these additional measures listed above. We follow recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our main governing body is the Alabama Board of Dental Examiners and the Alabama State of Public Health.
Thank you for being a part of our dental family and we are thrilled to be able to serve our patients again. We understand that things will feel a little bit different but we look forward to welcoming our patients back. Dentistry is an important part of your total health and we are glad to be able to offer our services again. Thank you again for trusting us with your care.